Version 1.2 CS0234 Error

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Hello,

I have run through the setup instructions a few times now and I am still getting an error when I try to use the redirector.

I have pasted the compiler error.

c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SSO\App_Code\LDAP.cs(10,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Protocols' does not exist in the namespace 'System.DirectoryServices' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Im not a c# developer but it seems as though the code is looking for some packages that are not installed? 

Perhaps someone can clarify or assist me in moving past this point, Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 3:39 AM

There are a couple of fixes for this.  We need to update the documentation to reflect the recent changes.

Option A) Add the reference to the web.config...

<compilation debug="true">
   <assemblies>
    <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
    <add assembly="System.DirectoryServices.Protocols, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
   </assemblies>
  </compilation>

Option B) Remove the LDAP.cs file from the project.  This will cause Public\Redirect.aspx to then have a compile error until you search for LDAP in the Redirect.aspx.cs file and comment/remove the line of code.

We also plan to have two download zip's, one with LDAP and one without.  The LDAP class enables lookups in the LDAP Directory to find a user's email address.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hi LuminisLive,

Thanks for your prompt reply, it seems that the application compiles after adding the appropraite <add assembly> tags to the web.config.  I will test further today with our Luminis Administrator.

Thanks again!