Luminis 4 Modifications

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2008 at 2:30 PM
We were able to get this solution working with Luminis 4. I know many colleges have already done this but here is what we did...

These changes are for the Luminis section of the included document.

1. Renamed /opt/luminis/webapps/luminis/jsp/email/emailCenter.jsp /opt/luminis/webapps/luminis/jsp/email/emailCenter.jsp.old

2. Copied emailCenter.jsp and emaildirect.jsp to /opt/luminis/webapps/luminis/jsp/email

3. Modified emailCenter.jsp as follows (x.x.x.x is the FQDN or IP of your web tier portal server)

response.sendRedirect("http://x.x.x.x/jsp/email/emaildirect.jsp");   

4. Modify the emaildirect.jsp as follows

A. Modify the page imports as follows

<%@ page import="com.pipeline.bom.BomManagerFactory" %>
        <%@ page import="com.pipeline.bom.Person_3" %>
        <%@ page import="com.pipeline.bom.PersonManager_3" %>
        <%@ page import="com.pipeline.web.WebUtil" %>

B. Changed PersonManager3 section as follows

if (WebUtil.checkRequest(request, response)) {
            byte[] sessionId = WebUtil.getUserSession( request, response );

PersonManager_3 cPersonManager = (PersonManager_3)BomManagerFactory.getManager( PersonManager_3.ID );
                Person_3 person = cPersonManager.getCurrentPerson();

C. Change username to 

username = person.getLogin();

5. Copied the jtds-1.2.2.jar SQL driver to /opt/luminis/webapps/luminis/WEB-INF/lib   (Same as included directions)

If you have any questions, please post reply to this thread

Sep 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I've made the modifications above, but when I direct my browser to our portal in the format http://x.x.x.x/jsp/email/emaildirect.jsp, I get an Access Denied page.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Thanks Gilbert!  I am new at configuring the St. John's University solution.   I can click on a link and get a positive response from Live@Edu.  i am using the URL as described above.

This is my result:

net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

How can I get the Email to appear?  I can click on the demo link on the Windows server and be sent to Live@Edu mail but when I click on that link in Luminis it just says "net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much!

Donna

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2010 at 3:12 PM

In addition to the changes above we needed to add https://xxxx.xxxxx.edu/jsp/email/emailCenter.jsp?force=true to the nested-tables.xsl.

Good Luck!!

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I tried these modifications.  When I try the URL http://portaldomain/jsp/misc/emaildirect.jsp I get this system error:

Can't service request to /jsp/misc/emaildirect.jsp

There is not subject associated with the current thread of execution.

Has anyone seen this or have any troubleshooting ideas?  Thanks!

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Hello again rstorch, I intended to make time today to respond to you about the driver for MSsqlServer, but if you're at this point, I assume you have a driver in place. As to this issue, you have to be sure you're utilizing the url at the right place. Whether you use the emaildirect.jsp or the testredirect.jsp, you must hit either one from the Luminis interface as a logged-in user who has an active Live@edu account in the domain you've set up. As the logged-in user (and provided you've placed the emaildirect.jsp, testredirect.jsp and the emailcenter.jsp files in the right place on the Luminis server), you either click on the email icon to use the emaildirect.jsp file OR you go up to the displayed url in the browser's url window and replace everything in the url beginning with the work "render" through the end with the string "jsp/misc/testredirect,jsp" then hit Enter. The point of using the testredirect file is to get some possibly useful error displays if things don't work right. I suppose you could use the url edit process to use the emaildirect.jsp page, but it won't open in a new window, and you won't get displayed error messages that are useful. It is also helpful to use the browser on the IIS Server for testing in order to get more meaningful messages (at least that's what I've read elsewhere, and it seems to be true, although I am currently stuck at another point in the process and can't get assistance). Hope that helps you. David