Luminis credentials aren't the same as usernames for Live@edu

May 18, 2009 at 7:39 PM

If I am trying to set up the SSO from Luminis to Live@edu email, do I need to create a mapping file on the Luminis server so that I send the correct login info to the windows server with the certificate on it?

Our user IDs are different on every system.

Thanks!

Donna

Developer
May 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM

The best place to do the mapping would be in Luminis before writing the ID to the SQL table.  However, this requires some custom code in the JSP page to lookup the correct email address.  Alternatively, the .NET application on the Windows Web Server could be altered to perform an LDAP lookup of the Sun LDAP store to find the mail attribute.  That could be a bit tricky, but possible.  Do you have another data source you could map against?

May 18, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I am really new at this but this is what I have:

1.  Users have login credentials in Luminis 4.
2.  Users have email accounts at Live@EDU.
3.  We do not provide email within luminis so there are no email accounts there.
4.  Our students are not in the Active Directory.

The Windows Live SSO kit has an example of a "StudentLogins.xml" file that maps the Windows Live ID to the webportal account.  I am guessing that if I put the portal username in that file, the link to the windows web server will know I am userx and map me in that file and then send me on to Live@edu.

Has anyone done the StudentLogins.xml file?

Thanks!

Donna

Developer
May 18, 2009 at 9:36 PM

This Luminis Live Solution will calculate the email address based on the login ID for Luminis.  Say for example the student logs in to Luminis as "rwakeman".  That get's passed over to the Windows Web Server where it looks up the domain (ex: @contosouniversity.com) from the web.config and tacks it onto the Luminis ID (ex: rwakeman@contosouniversity.com).  Have you created your email accounts for students yet?  If you can use the same ID's as Luminis in this fashion described above, then this solution will work for you without modification.

May 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I wish.  The accounts are already created with different usernames.  I guess this mappings file will translate it???

Developer
May 18, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Not without modification to the Public\Redirect.aspx page provided with this solution.  Do you have a developer on staff?